Monday, February 22, 2010

Funny.

Well, first off, before I get to the juice of this post, I'd like to thank ALLISON for making my blog b-e-a-utiful! What a great way to spend a rainy day..fixing Amber's dull blog! But now, it's happenin' and all the other fellow blog owners are looking at my blog with jealous eyes because they want one as cool as me...well, my friends, just get an amazing best friend that can fix all of your problems! that's what I did!

Anyway, on to the story I was referring to in an earlier post. Well, before I begin, you will need some background information to understand the story to its full, exciting extent! Ok, so around this time last year I was given the opportunity to travel to Atlanta, GA with my fellow brothers in AKPsi for a business conference. Needless to say, it was very little business and a whole lotta...drinking and partying! Being the smoker that I am (yeah, don't judge!), I spent a lot of time sitting outside the hotel with about 50 other smokers. Also, because it was a couple of nights of, basically, partying, I was also pretty drunk those nights. When I am drunk, I'm friendly..I mean, hey..when I'm sober, I'm friendly! Anyway, with a little bit of alcohol, a little bit of personality, and a little bit of bad habit (smoking..), I got to meet some really cool people. Now, keep this in mind as I get to the story I want to tell.

Well, last night, as I was wasting time on facebook, I somehow ended up sending a junk notification to a few of my facebook friends. This doesn't happen..well..ever because I normally just ignore the junk on that site (mafia, farmtown, etc.), but I guess this one slipped by me. Moving on, after sending this notification I get an IM pop-up from this guy I know...this guy I met..last year in Atlanta. How random is that! Let me finish, though...I just started talking to him. He was a really cool guy there, and I figured you can't change much in a year, and I was really interested in the conversation we were having. Well, trying to make this short, he ended up asking about the weather..and ironically asked "When does it stop snowing?". This took me by surprise because it was a very awkwardly asked question. I thought he was referring to individual storms, so I replied "Whenever it's done..?". He laughed and clarified that he was asking what month or around what time of year it stopped snowing in VA (he's from FL, mind you, so he's not used to all the fluffy white stuff!). I laughed and informed him that it changes every year...we may not get any snow the entire season or we may have snowstorms all the way up into April. I asked him why he wanted to know, and he replied "Well, I kinda wanted to know what the weather was gonna be like when i come visit". This took me by surprise..what? Someone wants to travel 4 states to come visit me?! We got to talking...to make a long story short, he wants to be my date to formal in April! Someone..that doesn't know my promiscuous rep, is coming HERE to see ME! This doesn't happen to girls like me! Someone wants to see me for more than just sex?! I'm soo excited! Like, a kid in a candy store! Maybe this isn't as exciting to others as it is to me, but considering what I've been through the past few weeks, I'm stoked! =) I guess good can really come out of anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment