Sunday, March 28, 2010

What I take for granted...

I think I've noticed a lot of things that I take for granted recently, so I've decided to make a list: sunny days, the sun, warmth, a stable home, a stable-ish family, deep conversations, friends to have those conversations with, alone time, hot showers, blooming flowers, great ideas, bad ideas, mediocre ideas...comfortable chairs, beds and couches..a place to lay my head at night, money for food to eat, clothes..lots of em, a walk-in closet, my own bathroom, rain, cuddle buddies, good music, good tears, bad tears, the ability to cry, walking barefoot, ability to walk, run, hide...thoughts, a mind, college, understanding people, people that make me smile, people that say hi, strangers, new friends, old friends, family...siblings that get me, siblings that can fight with me but ultimately love me, parents that do the same, bulletin boards, post-its, boats, cars, gas money, holidays, God?, ability to make my own decisions, making those decisions, independence, freedom, liberty, the country I live in, the countries I will or have visited, awkward moments, embarrassing moments, memories, pictures, beauty...

I could go on and on, but the point is..there is so much in life that we may take for granted...even of the smallest things, and I wanted to bring those amazing opportunities to life..even if only for a second. I am thankful that I have all of these things and more. Life is good...as good as it should be at the moment. =)

1 comment:

  1. I like this blog. :) It's good to reflect on what we do take for granted.

    ReplyDelete