Saturday, March 20, 2010
Experiences.
Someone's gotta write this stuff down! Last night, went to a potluck with Allison and Tijuana, in the middle got bombarded with shitty texts from Sara, that I really didn't want to deal with. Seriously, I get these messages probably about once a week, where she's trying to "help", but in actuality wants to be nosey and a bitch and then claim that I'm the bitchy one. I couldn't handle it, so I told the girls I wanted to leave and just drive. So, we took my car, stopped at WaWa for a pee break, then rushed by the shipyard to see if we could have eye sex with any sexy navy boys (no luck!), and then we were on our way. Letting our wheels take us wherever they led us. Interestingly enough, it led us right to Ocean View Beach (I think that's the naame..someone verify!). It was pretty at night. With the lights from Norfolk shining down across the water, my favorite scene. We went onto the pier, hoping we could cross the restaurant and get to the actual pier part. At first there was a scary man, and we didn't want to get raped or killed for crossing onto his pier, so we decided to go upstairs in this restaurant. It was really pretty up there, and then we found it. The boat mobile! Seriously, best invention ever. The entire table and bench rocked. It was out of this world! ;) No, but seriously, it was very cool and I would love to go really eat and sit there sometime. Anyway, after freezing our asses off, we decided it was time to end that adventure and try to get into a bar without IDs (this would have been a fun plan, btw!). However, Tijuana had found a secret exit..well, not so secret with the decorate exit sign, but still. This exit just so happened to lead straight to the other side of the pier. So, feeling rebellious, we went. We tried not to stare at the scary man at the gate, and just walked down the pier. It was fun, very long, but fun. And well, well, well...got to the end of the pier, and what do we find? Only 3 of our new best friends! There were 3 guys at the end of the pier just fishing..go figure...and we just started chatting it up, this is normal for me anywhere I go, btw. It was fun, though..except for the whole scaring me with fish thing! But, the prank phone calls, silly voices, truffle shuffle, story-telling, it was just fun. Being with those kids kind of reminds me of the river. Everyone knows everyone, all your friends are intermingled, everything revolves around the water. You learn at a young age that if you don't like the water, you'll have no interest there. So, that's what everyone does. And, not that it's a bad thing, but for me, it's gotten so old. I like going to the river, don't get me wrong, but it's a very nosey atmosphere there. I feel like many people think that because I've always wanted to live in an urban area when I grow up, it's because that's all I've known. And, that's really not even true. I've been to the river almost every summer since I was a baby, usually for weeks on end especially when I was younger and didn't have work. And, it was a lot of fun. I used to love spending my summers down there. Riding in the boats, tubing, jet skiing, tanning, swimming, crabbing, fireworks on the cove, tire swing over the cove, friends, summer romance, all that jazz. But, as I got older I learned how much everyone knew my business. I would be gone all school year, and come back..and the entire street knew everything. Boyfriends, friendships, first kiss, second kiss, third kiss (I could keep going..), drunk stories, anything. And, I loved these people, they have been my second family since I was born, but still, I don't want them to know that much detail about my life. And, if I did, I would tell them. It's just funny how so many people dream of living in small towns, to me, it's funny. I wouldn't dream of it. I don't want it. I wanna find my family inside the city that I live in. That would be ideal. Although, I wouldn't mind living near water. That has nothing to do with it! haha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment