Friday, April 30, 2010

Bitter Sweet.

This time of year always causes mixed emotions. Graduation in college is a lot different than in high school. Every year a handful of your friends graduate. After that day, they are no longer tied down to the area that they've spent the last 4 years. Once they walk across that stage, they're an adult. It's weird because in high school I really only became close to my class; sure I had older friends, but it wasn't the same as in college. And, if I want to see my high school friends again then I'd just go home. Now, once my friends graduate, they all disperse. Some go back to their hometowns, some find jobs in other cities, states even countries. The odds of even seeing them again quickly diminishes as the years pass. And it's not like I spent the last few years just going to classes with them, I've lived with them. We've all significantly grown together. Learning who we are, how to take care of ourselves, and how to ace these rather ridiculously hard courses. Although I am very excited for the semester to be over and for summer to begin, I can't help to be sad as I watch my friends finally reek the benefits of being a college graduate. So, congratulations to the class of 2010, but please come visit me!

No comments:

Post a Comment